Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

anyone have a source for Norstar blank plates?

htroberts

MIS
Feb 2, 2010
US
I’m looking for a few trunk and expansion slot blank plates—anyone know of a source for them?

We used to throw them out when we did installs, that is why they are kind of rare.
I actually do not use them, or the right side cover anymore when installed in utility rooms, closets, under desks etc, so the ones I do come across are for open office environments only which is pretty rare itself. Dust is not much an issue since there are no moving parts/fans.
The plastics are also changing due to age, making them harder to remove and breaking tabs etc....same with line cards.

Hi M,
The blank cards on the front of a CICS, you pull them off and insert your line card or slim expansion/service card.
cics-cabinet.jpg

Last edited:
You might want to try "Refurb Supplies" in Maine if they still exist. I heard that they were bought out by Sandman but might still exist. In they hayday, if they didn't have the part you needed, they would get it manufactured special for you.

Last edited:
You might want to try "Refurb Supplies" in Maine if they still exist. I heard that they were bought out by Sandman but might still exist. In they hayday, if they didn't have the part you needed, they would get it manufactured special for you.
thanks. I’m sure I don’t want to pay for that, but maybe someone has a box of them they’ll let go cheaply.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back