Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone got Win2K to VPN to a Cisco Router? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poider

Technical User
Jul 5, 2001
GB
I'm trying to make a simple VPN connection from Win2K using the built in VPN Client to a Cisco router using VPDN. It's almost working by setting up a client-initiated L2TP tunnel, but then it all shuts down with an "Error 619: The specified port is not connected" on the Win2K machine.

Even the Cisco TAC guys don't know how to do this, has anyone else gotten this to work?

What model router is it? I connect to my 2610 using IRE's Safenet software. I am able to use it with Win 9x and NT 4.0 but unable to use it with 2K.

It's a 3660 running 12.1(5). If the Safenet software you're using doesn't support Win2K then it's probably 1.1, there is a newer version that supports Win2K but I haven't tested it yet. The problem is that IRE's software uses IPSec directly over the initial PPP/IP connection, whereas I don't want to use anything but the built-in Win2K client software (ie. management wants it), so I need to get an L2TP/IPSec VPN tunnel working.

Anyone gotten this one to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back