Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone Familiar with Virtual Router concept?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackEvo

Technical User
Sep 23, 2002
US
Ive been doing some reading on this topic and im just curious. In all the examples ive looked at, there were virtual routers, connecting to CE's and than to PE's. What i want to know is, the virtual router(s) would be a VPN router and the CE's would ordinary routers transfers information such as BGP to the PE routers which than send BGP to all other VPNs within the network?

I apologize for some errors...

here is the message over again

Ive been doing some reading on this topic and im just curious. In all the examples ive looked at, there were virtual routers, connecting to CE's and than to PE's. What i want to know is, the virtual router(s) would be a VPN router and the CE's would be ordinary router,s transfering information such as BGP to the PE routers which than send BGP to all other VPNs within the network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back