Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone ever made an entry to a closed fiscal year? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBergkamp10

IS-IT--Management
May 31, 2002
CA
Progression 7.7.4

I have a closed year that we would like to post an adjusting one-sided entry to change our BBF, I'm probably taking a shot in the dark here I realize, but anyone ever done it without restoring from backup?

Thx in advance

This is what I was able to find in a certain online database. It was relating to a GL trx in a year that was Temp Closed, but it was the closest answer I could find:
(I am no Macola financials guru by any stretch so please proceed with caution and at your own risk)

"Yes. As long as the System Periods for General Ledger are not marked as Prevent for Transaction Not in Current Year, Progression will allow an entry to the prior year. For Example: If the GL System Periods are set to the calendar year 2008, an entry made with a transaction date of 2007 will post to that 2007 date. Also, the Comparative information for that account for 2007 will be updated for the appropriate period. If the GL System Dates are moved back to 2007 and an entry made to 2007, the Comparative information for that account for 2007 will not be updated.

In either scenario: Any time the System Periods for General Ledger are moved back and forth between years, or an entry is made to a past year; it is a good idea to run the GL, Process, Recalculate Account Balances so financial statements will contain the correct information."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back