Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone@domain.com at multiple domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjornis

Technical User
Feb 20, 2001
SE
Anyone know how to set up this:
I have multiple domains on my exchenge server, aa.com, bb.com and so on. The mail works ok if you mail to existinguser@aa.com. I want to set up the mail so if someone mails to nonexistinguser@aa.com the mail should go to existing user on aa.com. Then I want it to work the same way for bb.com.
I know this can be easily done in linux but can it be done in exchange?
Thankful for help.

Very easily. Refer to my replies on this subject from last week.

Read you earlier reply. But wouldnt that do so all unknown recipient goes to the administrator (or other choosen reciver)? I would like it like this:
Unknown@aa.com goes to known@aa.com,
unknown@bb.com goes to known@bb.com and so on.
/Bjornis

Just realised I'm talking rubbish (again).

Quick way around:

Get the ISP to throw aa.com and bb.com to your Exch Server.

Set your IMC to send undelivered mail to account FORWARDER. Set a rule in this account that when you get mail to @aa.com forward the mail to user@aa.com and so on.

It might work.

Gonna try that, sounds like its going to work.
Thanks! :)

Tried it. Cant get it to work...
Tried to set up an account called forwarder with the rule "whit new mail, forward to (couldn not use redirect) to known user". The mail gets to forwarder box but does not forward it and i must have outlook running (client rule).
About to give up.
/Bjornis

You need to set it up as a server side rule so you don't need to be logged in.

I cant set it up as a server side rule. Probably because i dont know for sure how to do it...
Any ideas?
/Bjornis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back