Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anybody using Windows 7 with their Avaya apps? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gblucas

Technical User
Jul 24, 2006
US
Since Windows 7 has been widely available to the business community for a few months now. Has anyone used Windows 7 in a production environment for ASA, CMS, IP Agent, IP Softphone, VAL Manager or any other apps? Can you enlighten us on successes or failures?

Thanks,

gblucas
CM 5.2
CMS R14
Intuity Audix 5.1

Windows 7, HA!

We're still on Windows Media Player 9 and IE6..

Lll kidding aside though (no we really are), I'm curious too how well the applications integrate to the new OS.

I have just installed Windows 7 and am here searhing the threads for something that may help.

Our small company is still using the very ancient DSA 1.8
I had no trouble with connecting the Voicemail system, using 4410 emulation.

When trying to connect to our Avaya switch, I get a screen that shows it is connected, and the buttons are active, but no prompts to login are displayed. If anyone runs across a thread, kindly move this post there.

Thanks in advance.

Been running Win 7 for about a 2 months. No issues with the integrated management suite (ASA) 5.2. Also running OneX comm and agent with no issues. Haven't tried softphone and I do know IP agent wouldnt install.

PhoneMasta,

Do you use VAL Manager? Any problems?

gblucas

No issues with the VAL either. In the ASA version 5.2 with service packs it is now integrated into the ASA app.

When installing ASA 5.2 you will need service pack 3 to get to install. I am currently working on getting CMS 15 to install with no luck. If anyone has installed this please post.

One Geek Changing the World
One solution at a time

IE8 throws up a certificate security warning every time, haven't worked out a way around it yet, just an extra button click to get where I want to be but annoying. Seems developers these days want you to use the mouse.

I have tried, quite unsuccessfully, to run either ASA or VAM R5.2 on Windows 7. ASA keeps corrupting the persist.dat file & I have to create my systems each time I launch it (don't have the issue on 5.0.11 though).

VAM R5.x will load however it will not allow transfer of files in either direction. Have even tried by loading both versions on XP Mode virtual machine without success.

I have been running Windows 7 for a few months. Had a problem at first with CMS (release 16) and the Avaya terminal emulator. Found the problem for me was on XP we never used ssh to connect before but needed to in order to connect with the new software.

Windows 7, ASA 3.1.13 : I have connections set up for both S8300 (CM 3.1.14) and Intuity LX 1.1. No problems. Avaya Voice Player 2.51 is fine as well.

Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

I've been doing Avaya on Windows 7 a lot:

ASA - runs fine
CMS Supervisor - runs fine
(CMS) Terminal Emulator - runs fine
One-X Agent - runs fine

As with any new platform you will feel lost when hoping the windows button here, and it's just doesnt exists anymore.

This stands for Windows 2008 server too

Remember that on Windows 7 Hyper Terminal has been retired.

|| Thank you very much ||

One-X Video does NOT work with Windows 7... I don't understand why Avaya would replace Softphone with One-X and not make the Video option W7 compliant - doesn't make any sense.

Now we're forced to use another desktop client when we want to use Video on the desktop.

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back