Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anybody reporting from BaanIVc4??

Status
Not open for further replies.

noonie

MIS
Apr 2, 2002
US
Hiya,

Is anybody using Crystal Reports to report from BaanIV - WITHOUT using Crystal Enterprise? If yes, I would like to contact you and fire a few questions at ya. Or better yet, has anybody been able to buy the Baan Native Drivers from Crystal without having to shell out all that money for Enterprise?

Your help is appreciated!!

noonie

We are using Crystal to report from Baan IV with a backend Informix database. We have only recently got into it but have had success with Cyrstal version 7 and have just upgraded to 8.5, which comes with a standard version of Crystal Enterprise. No we have not been able to buy the baan native driver, our only option according to crystal was to buy the Baan solution kit which seemed a tad pricey. If I can be of any assistance let me know.

Thanks trier,

I've been getting the same answers from Crystal myself... I agree it's pricey, and a bit of overkill for what we're looking for. We're using an SQL Server database. Do you have probelms reporting against Baan's "enumerated" fields?
It seems crystal can't handle that data type out of the box. any suggestions?

noonie

I'm not to sure what you mean by "out of the box," but any enum types I report on I usually just hard code the correct value into the report via the formula editor. At this stage we haven't had any problems reporting against those enumerated values. Hope this helps?
Trier

Thx for your help trier!
I'm sure I'll have more questions once we move along with this project, so I'm sire you'll hear from me again.

noonie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back