Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anybody know anything about Printer Properties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryRW

Programmer
Mar 8, 2002
GB
Can anyone help with details on how to change the printer properties using VBA code?

For background, I am using Access to load and run Word and then run mailmerges in word using info from Access. For each merged document, I need to print one copy on headed paper, one copy on plain. This was working fine, and I had originally recorded a macro to print both copies, by changing the paper source property (FirstPageTray, OthersPageTray)

My Network administrator has changed the printer settings on the printer that I am using, so that now, instead of naming the tray using Page Setup in Word, Access,etc.. you name the paper type that you want (plain or LetterHead) in Printer Properties (i.e. the global Windows printer set up rather than the local application page setup). The administrator has now gone on holiday for two weeks.

The problem is that I can't change the printer settings in VBA code from Word. I have tried recording a macro, but any changes to the paper type and printer settings are ignored by the macro (presumably because they are printer settings for all applications, not just Word).

Can anyone give me any pointers as to how you change the printer properties from Access or Word VBA. Any help would be very much appreciated

I think I posted the above when all of you clever Americans were on Labour day - so I thought I'd be cheeky and post this on the bottom to bring it to people's attention.

Gary were you able to solve the issue ?
I running to the same problem but with the
settings of the duplexing unit of my printer.

Thanks

sorry, never cracked it. I think there is now a printer property that you can get to fairly easily in office 2002 - or was it windows XP?? - either way, it didn't help me.

(selfish brain I know - it only remembers what's important to me)

you may want to add a new printer driver on you PC that has setting as the correct prefered paper/tray or as default setting.

So that you can set this new printer as default printer in you system before you run your application.

This may help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back