Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

anybody familiar with the following functions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jongortiz

Programmer
Sep 2, 2005
US
Hi Guys,

I am trying to recompile an old clipper program (summer 87) but i'm getting the following errors:
----------------------------------------------------
The following 17 symbols are undefined:

DEVICEPRES
OPENCOMM
TXSTRING
CONTROLRTS
SMRESET
SETBAUD
SMDIAL
RXFLUSH
TXFLUSH
SWGTIME
STATUSCD
SMSWHOOK
TXXMODEM
RXXMODEM
SMESCAPE
C_Y2K_DATE
CLOSECOMM

Fatal error 51
Undefined symbols exist
----------------------------------------------------

Does anyone knows where I can download library for those functions?

Thanks,

John

Hi,

I can't find any reference to the functions you've listed - it is clearly a comms library for clipper, but not one I've come across.

I found a lot of tools here:

It might be worth a look, to see if any of them have a reference to the library you're using.

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

The iolib.lib may no help much, although it is free.

I susepct the commands you have listed come from another third party library. I can't be sure, but the one I suspect it is was called SilverClip or SilverComm. From a company called SilverWare Inc. - who now don't have it listed on their site.

QBS have a few copies left, but no documentation about it - they could be worth phoning to see if they can send you a synopsis.

Good luck

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

Hi GriffMG, you are absolutely right those commands were from Silverware's Async Library.

Thanks!

Personally, I would get on to QBS and see if a deal can be done.

Another approach would be to ring the Silverware Inc people and see if they have any pointers... someone there might know something.

One other thing worth a try would be a new thread entitled 'does anyone have Silverware Async' on the clipper forum.

Good luck
Martin

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

Did you have any success?

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search