Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anybody done the IPO + exchange 2007 UM yet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chkbrt

MIS
Apr 4, 2006
US
I found some documentation on connecting an asterisk box via sip trunks to EX 2007 UM .
According to microsoft its compatible with a SIP router since um wants sip over tcp not udp which is i guess how all other sip services talk. the sipx server in this would be a free router and could possibly bridge the connection. I havent tried this yet due to the lack of sip licenses.

Hi i'm searching for a sollution to. Microsoft tells: you need a MediaPack 114/FXO/AC/SIP.
see :
With IP office it's probaly possible to connect direct to UM by using a sip trunk. On the sip line can be choosen between UDP and TCP sip.

for next week we've planned a test for just trying this

let you know..

Mathijs

ACS

There will be a tech bulletin regarding this soon.

This is being tested.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement

One of my BPs tried w/ MP114 and it works!
Outlook agendas can be checked & modified from a phone, etc...
IPO and Exchange 2007 need an MP114 to work together because IPO doesn't support SIP end-point.

Unfortunately, MS EX2007 has to act as a SIP end-point w/ IPO.
MP114 delivers FXO ports which have to be connected to analog ports of the IPO.
SIP has to be established between MP114 and MS EX2007.

I guess that IPO and EX2007 will get "direct" interoperability support when IPO will support SIP end-points...

We have been testing since beta 4 on sip trunking between the IP Office and Exchange 2007.

It is possible to get IP Office to talk directly to Exchange 2007 using SIP trunking, this is however a fudge as the first thing exchange does is request a change of TCP port which IP Office doesnt understand. Saying that once working you can listen to emails and calender etc fine, you might just have to restart the exchange um service every now and again though to reset the TCP Port.

The next problem is getting your voicemails into exchange 2007, again IP Office currently only supports SIP trunking and therefore doesnt have the full feature set of SIP and it is not possible to pass the call to exchange so it understands the fact the call is hitting exchange as a voicemail instead of someone just diailing in to access their mailbox.

This is when we started to work with a partner who has written a gateway piece of software which acts as middle man and this allows for voicemails to be passed to exchange. This is still in beta however works really well. And a 30 second voicemail in exchange is only about 44k instead of the 512K with an avaya voicemail message.

I've got an IP406 & the latest ver of IPO - I'm REALLY anxious to give this a shot. Any idea when the full SIP support will be available for IPO?

Please let me know if there's a nice walkthrough to migrate IPO + VMPro to Exchange's solution. I saw some nice demos at interop last week - and it looks VERY nice.

I doubt it will be for a while, or at least until sip endpoints are supported. In the mean time we are stuck with 3rd parties gateways sitting in the middle. That being a hardware gateway or a software proxy, we use the latter.

Having spoken with Avaya during beta 4 testing I am not sure how focused Avaya are on this as they already have competing products. GAP analysis have been done by avaya IP Office research done and they are not too far from a working solution with the work already done with sip trunking.

We are currently using exchange 2007 and IP Office in a live enviroment and still use voice mail pro as many of the features we use in voicemail are just not there with Exchange UM.

If you want more details let me know.

I would actually, if there's a software proxy I can implement that would give us the full use of exchange UM with an IP406 + IPO, I would like to implement it.

Unfortunately I've run into way too many problems with corrupt mailboxes and misrouted voicemail in VM Pro.

To use the software proxy you will need a vcm and sip trunk license do you have these?

Unfortunately no. :( I guess to avoid purchasing additional licensing it will be best to just wait and cross my fingers that Avaya will release the next IPO update w/ SIP support sooner rather than later.

Thanks anyways.

Hello,

I'm trying to connect the IPO to the exchange UM. There seems to be communication (in the monitor trace) but the're no connection.

The IPO has an sip trunk. We have not configured a account on the sip truck. The only thing there is, are the IP adres of the exchange server and the codec

I coudn't find any more information how this is configured.

The exchange server is working correct, we've alse connected a cisco cme. this works fine, but we want the IPO to work!

Is there any info about how to configure the IPO or the exchange?

greeting

Mathijs

As stated earlier, the IPO to Exchange link without any third party gateway can only allow access to the exchange mailbox and not to leave voicemails. This said if this is all you want it will work in a fashion. However it is not supported as you have to fudge the ports used by IP office to match those used by exchange.

MS exchange starts communictaion on one port then requests to change to a second port which IPO doesnt understand.

If anybody wants more details I will put a white paper up on our FTP site on how to get it to work.

I would be veryy thankfull if I can see how thinks work, so we can get it to work

mathijs

Posted document,
ftp://ftp.raven-computers.co.uk/Anonymous/IPOffice/

Hi Raven

Do you have the login to the FTP site, I really like to have a look at the document. My email address is joeloh@rogers.com.

We are trying to connect to the UM Exchange 2007 using the Mediant 2000. The connection is IPO 406 QSIG to the Gateway's QSIG.

thanks

Hi Raven,

I got the document, just needs to save it.
I will read through it thnaks

Joe

Raven,

Got the document, tested on the exchane, seems to be connection between the IPO and the server, but the're is no audio.

probbaly a problem in the UM dail plan.

Anyway thanks for your info!

Mathijs

no audio here either, codec problem maybe? mine is connecting with 711u...

Can you try and stop and start the UM service in Exchange its a port issue I believe.

we have tried a fiew things, but it doen't seem to work. In the 4.0 maintenance release there will be a few bug fixes for sip. maby this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back