Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any way to view incoming DNIS digits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObLogic7

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2011
US
I need to find out what the DNIS digits for an 800 number on my PRI. Is there any way to see the digits from within the phone system? Currently, the call is being routed to my attendant because it doesn't match an extension. I would like to repurpose the number if I can figure out the DNIS.

during a quiet time of day to a list trace tac of the trunk group and place a call to the toll free number, you sould see the call come in on the trunk group and you will see what vdn it tries to goto, since the vdn is not defined it is going to the attd.

You could also ask your provider what DNIS digits go with all of your incoming 800 numbers.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

37 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 27 years and counting

Thanks for the info. I will try a trace when things quiet down.

You can use the list trace tac xxx on your isdn trunk-group

Dial all of the 800 number except for the last digit, hit return on your list trace tac, dial the last digit, you should see your call come in and see the dnis digits.

No waiting.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

37 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 27 years and counting

Thanks for that tip. I'll give that a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back