Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any way to stop orders from being entered on a date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jymm

Programmer
Apr 11, 2002
US
We have a shut down at our shipping facility and want to make sure that the order entry staff do not take orders for that day.

Other than threats or background SQL triggers/reports (which I can do) - anyone got any slick ways in GP (v9) from preventing folks from entering data to be shipped on a specific date? I am really looking for a way that the non programmers could do this task.

Thanks in advance

How about a bit of VBA code on the date field.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)

Any views contained within are my personal views and
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no rights.

Yeah - I had thought of that David, but I am really looking for a way that the users could control that (without me doing more customization).

My bet is that if I put VBA behind that field to pop something up about one date - that there will be more dates for sales - then the receiving or manufacturing folks will want similar functionality on their side... and I can see it being out of control rather quickly

Thanks for confirming my fears ;)

You could make it user controllable by storing the date in the DUOS from another window somewhere and then reading from the DUOS to check the date.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)

Any views contained within are my personal views and
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no rights.

really good idea David - only problem is that where I work now they do not have any of the GP development / customization tools and it would be cost prohibitive for them to buy them.

probably will just resort to some threats and a quick and dirty ssrs report that auto emails to the supervisors of the orders.

USB electric shock treatment on data entry?

-----------
and they wonder why they call it Great Pains!

jaz

thanks Jaz - needed that laugh

this user groups is all about their cat (and it HATES me and the guys that work at our manfacturing facility). So I posted a 'Angel will taste as good as other cats' sign with 'remember - no orders on mm/dd/yy' at all of their tubes...

they were not amuzed but got the idea

now to get the engineers to work on that USB device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back