Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any way to set NAV to ignore A-drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larc919

Technical User
Oct 8, 2004
US
I've been using NAV for years and have had to replace floppy drives with increasing frequency. I suspect NAV's insistence on "grinding" (polling) the empty A-drive each time it starts is at least partially responsible.

Is there any way to set NAV to ignore the A-drive as if it didn't exist? I can keep it from actively checking any floppy in the A-drive, but not from polling it at startup.

My current NAV version is 2003 Professional.

TIA!

Is this during startup or is there a custom scan that U use. There are customization settings to ignore the A drive and only selecting the drives that U want.

It occurs each time NAV starts, whether it's starting automatically when XP opens or whether I start it manually. I can set NAV to ignore the A-drive when scanning, but nothing seems to stop it from polling the drive on startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back