Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any Way to SAVE Print - Page Setup in Access Runtime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

number2

Technical User
Oct 25, 2001
US
I have been trying everything I can find, but I can not find a solution to this problem:

How can I allow an Access Runtime user to change AND SAVE Print-Page Setup options?

I have tried using a save button. I have tried adding a custom menu SAVE icon, the icon is greyed out and non functional.

If I default the user to a specific printer, which they may or may not have, and they choose to use THEIR printer, they will never be able to return to my specific printer choice in the future; they will be stuck with their choice. Is the only solution then for the user to reinstall my runtime app. in order to get my printer options to work?

Thanks for the information. It is however, for beyond my capacities to utilize such complex information.

I think it should be made common knowledge here that Access Runtime, CAN NOT by default save Printer Setup information.

This is an important and unfortunate limitation of the Runtime. I wish I had known this prior to development, as I must now limit my application severely.

My work around option will be that the user will need to reinstall my application if they wish to return to my default label printer settings. They will also be unable to save any setting which they make to their default printer settings.

I am hopeful that this limitation does not upset too many users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back