Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any way to copy programming between systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

norteld

Vendor
Apr 9, 2007
US
Hello all. I was wondering if there's any way to copy system programming between 2 MICS systems. The reason I ask is I have a customer who has an MICS with PRI that has had a ton of issues, and I have tried a different T1 card, different software and cartridge, and don't know what else to do, so the customer wants me to try a different cabinet. I know I won't be able to transfer the PRI, and that's fine, I'll buy another. I just would like to avoid having to setup the 80 DIDs and 80+ phones again. I have a FastRad and NRU11, can it be done? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Yes you can copy but you might be copying the problem if it is a programming issue.

first off...why are you letting customer dictate your trouble shootin..
That said,
what release of software are you at.
what release is the ram cartridge at "outer sleeve"
what problems are u having
what errors are in logs

we all know provider said its your problem but 90% of the time with pri its them.

6 months until ski season starts...sadly i must resign myself to the warmer weather"this will include a normal 8-5 work day, 5 days a week"

If your troubles are all related to PRI then it is almost certainly a telco issue. Among all the techs I've talked to personally, none has ever had or heard of a DTI failing.

Thank you all for your responses, now here's the scoop:

- The RAM cartridge is an NTBB08GA-93 03 so I believe it's a release 3
- The software version is SP:30DEC04 NAT which I believe is 7.0
- They have constant problems with dropped calls. Also, when they go to dial out they get a fast busy after dialing, or sometimes after only dialing 4 or 5 numbers. When this happens, the display just goes blank when it gives the fast busy. When it happens while dialing, it shows the numbers they have dialed, but the screen will just suddenly go blank and give the fast busy. And it has happened to me, so I know it's not user error :)
- The errors in the logs are EVT327-00 S5, EVT327-01 S5, EVT336-00 S5, EVT330-01 S5, EVT329-01 S5, EVT328-01 S5, EVT327-01 S5, EVT336-01 S5, ALM:44-0, ALM:44-1, ALM:41-0, ALM:42-0. All of these were with 3 minutes of each other the day before yesterday. There is nothing from yesterday, but they did say it was happening a lot yesterday.

Believe me, I totally think it's the telco too. I have explained to the customer that we have over 400 customers here in Las Vegas who's phone systems we service, and these problems are almost always telco related. These problems have been ongoing for almost 6 months now, and as I said before, we've replaced the T1 card, the software, and the RAM cartridge, so there's really nothing left to replace but the phone system cabinet (except for the 6-port combo card, could that be the problem?). We are replacing the phone system at the customer's expense, assuming the problems continue (which I'm pretty sure they will). If it turns out it is the phone system, we're going to take care of it.

Again, thank you all for your help. It's always appreciated! Drinks are on me next time any of you are in Vegas ;)

NRU 10 and 11 have a facility that records all the settings to an Excel spreadsheet. It takes hours and is not completely reliable, but it gets around the backup/restore problem you refer to.

I'll definitely replace the combo card first before reprogramming. Maybe it has something to do with the clocking.

Replacing the combo card won't cause me to lose the PRI will it?

No

You can retore to the same setup/software/hardware but need a new PRI enabler code.

I would just lie to the carrier and say "ok we replaced the whole system" and see them get off their ass.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

The errors in the logs are EVT327-00 S5, EVT327-01 S5, EVT336-00 S5, EVT330-01 S5, EVT329-01 S5, EVT328-01 S5, EVT327-01 S5, EVT336-01 S5, ALM:44-0, ALM:44-1, ALM:41-0, ALM:42-0. All of these were with 3 minutes of each other the day before yesterday. There is nothing from yesterday, but they did say it was happening a lot yesterday."

The EVT's are thresholds for frame slips, loss of frames...The Alarms are DS1 signal loss. That sounds an awful lot like someone knocking the wires loose/off in a crossbox down the street or @ the DSX in the C.O., realizing it, and fixing it (or at least they thought they fixed it). If the clock went kaputski in the combo card, I'd think you would have constant trouble with frame alignment thresholds. As Brutalis said, the DTI's are robust....I've seen 1-in-a-few hundred ever go bad. Before you throw a lot of money at it, get a DS1 tester on it looking both ways for a day.....that will most likely tell you all you need to know....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back