Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any utils to read EZ-Drive from DOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgharris

Technical User
Jan 25, 2000
US
My best friend has a new computer. Actually the computer is an old one (Pentium III, WinME) with a new 80GB Western Digital drive. The disk was partitioned using Western Digital's Data Lifeguard Tools version 10.0.

Somehow, trying to repair a faulty Windows install (not my fault) EZ-BIOS went bye-bye. Diagnostic tools say the partition, and its data, are still there. Luckily, the only data my friend still wants is 3MB of JPG photos of sentimental value.

My question is twofold:

A) Is there any way to restore EZ-BIOS without losing the data?

B) Failing that, are there any freeware utils out there, preferably ones that run from a floppy, that can help me go in there and get those photos out?

Thanks, Tony

Tony Harris
tgharris_1@juno.com

I'm on a very tight budget right now. I'd prefer not to have to buy anything if I don't absolutely have to.

Tony Harris
tgharris_1@juno.com

I believe you can reinstall EZ-BIOS. If you have access to the software, you can check it out. Try to install it without doing a "install" I think there is an option to reinstall or reactivate it. Also, check out the WD web site and see what tools they have. They should have something there.

I'm going to try booting to DOS, the use the DLGEZ/MBR command. However, the post on the WD website only (v. 2.8), so I'm not certail DLGEZ will even be on the disk (v. 10.0).

Anybody out there have Western Digital Data Lifeguard 10.0?

If so, is DLGEZ.EXE on it?

Tony Harris
tgharris_1@juno.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back