Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any User can open any mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

bj2tall

Technical User
Jul 20, 2004
US
Not aware of what I have done or somebody else. But for some reason anyone can logon to anybodies account with no logon or password using OWA. I also noticed that under everybodies mailbox permissions they have /everyone in the "windows nt accounts with inhereted permissions." If that is whats causing the problem how do I remove it ?

Under 'Exchange Administrator':

Highlight the site name and then choose File/Properties. Check that Everyone has not been added as an Admin or Service account admin.

If you have no luck here it may be worth highlighting the Recipients container and doing the same there.

I tried that but the everyone is located in the inherited section and can not be added or deleted. Thanks for that tip anyway.

Grenage is right - the inherited permission comes from one of the containers above the object in the directory hierarchy, and will have been added in at some point. You should be able to remove it when you find where it has been added.

Go to top level and right click and choose delegate control. If you see Everyone in there, remove it. Then move down the tree and repeat until you find it.

<signature for rent>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back