Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any software to report tables/objects used by Crystal report 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayshah

Programmer
Sep 11, 2001
US
We are using version 8.5 of Crystal report. Is there any low cost or freeware software to report the objects (Tables, views) used in crystal report may be in the formnat of Excel with column for object and associated reports?

There are several but none are free. See the LINKS page of my web site for a complete list of the documentation utilities. You could also export to "Report Definition" which gives some of this information - although not all.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Tips and Tricks / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

Although our product is not freeware, it does allow you to see and edit the various CR properties across one or multiple reports at the same time and even see which ones are in common.

Our new .rpt Inspector 2 Professional Suite now comes in two editions. One that supports CR5.x-CR8.5 and one that supports CR9.x. Everything else in the two editions is the same. Including support of a new "data source / database conversion and migration wizard" which allows you to select one or more reports and select multiple sources to a destination for set location, convert driver, verify database. And we support ODBC / OLE DB / Native DB2 / Native Informix / Native Oracle / Native SQL Server / Native Sybase.

Both editions are now available for a FREE 30-day trial download.

Software Forces, LLC

===> two editions released: ".rpt Inspector 2 Professional Suite (for CR5.x-CR8.5)" and ".rpt Inspector 2 Professional Suite (for CR9.x)"
=====> download your FREE 30-day trial today!

proud makers of ".rpt Inspector" brand for Crystal Reports,
"SPL (Smart Pick Lists)" for Crystal Enterprise, and "SmartObjects" for Seagate Info & Crystal Enterprise.

Coming soon ".rpt Inspector 3 Enterprise Suite" for Crystal Enterprise

ajayshah,

I've got a little utility that you are welcome to have (for free). It produces a list of all the tables (or, to be exact, aliases, which would include views) and all the fields in a given report.

It is written in Visual Foxpro, so you would need to have VFP or its run-time installed in order to use it. If you haven't, you could try converting it to another language such as VB.

In any case, you can grab a copy from:

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

My Visual Foxpro web site: My Crystal Reports web site:

Hi -

Based on the information by you all and further anlysis I purchased Report Analyzer.

Thanks.

Ajay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back