Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any One-X quick edition guru's out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill712

Technical User
Oct 27, 2004
US
Any one any good at quick edition? I have installed one recently and have found that when your off hook and someone is typing in the room you can hear it clearly in the handset. When you talk there is a hiss...until you stop talking. There is some echo and I have adjusted loop length to it's best setting (medium). If anyone has run into this and solved it let me know I am going to keep testing by removing sets and swapping etc. etc.

Thanks!!!
Bill

I ran into the hissing when on outside calls, there is documentation with the Gateway stating to ground the Gateway if this occurs. I am going there Friday to find out if it works.

Thanks PhoneMn
I have the gateways grounded right now, to conduit being the only available "ground". I had the customer call Avaya and I got a call from the tech gurus in Canada. He suggested removing the grounds from the two gateways and see if that helped. Let me know what you find out Friday, if for no other reason, just good information!
I also asked the tech if there was a max number of telephone sets that could be used and said no more than twenty...I currently have 15 he didn't think that would have any bearing on the issue.

Thanks again!!!

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back