Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any one helpppp......INSTALLING VB APPLICATION.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewToVB

Programmer
May 6, 2002
IN
I have developed a VB6 project with Crystal Reports 8. It works fine in every aspect, which is fine, but when it comes to installing it on my users computers I am getting an error(I have created the .CAB files and SETUP file using the Package and Deployment Wizard)
" *** ERROR: The file 'C:\TEMP\msftqws.pdw\$(DLLSelfRegisterEx)' could not be registered because it was not found.
*** ERROR: (User Responded with 'OK') "

The installation terminates after I get the above message, I dont know What am I doing wrong as I am not using this "MSFTQWS.PDW", and I dont know where it is getting into my setup package.

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.....Thanks in advance.

Is there anything that I should do to fix it??? I have tried installing in multiple computers and I got the same error.....

Did you try including the file it wants in your deployment package and see what happens?

Just a thought

Joanne

I could not even locate the file "MSFTQWS.PDW" on my development machine either

I can't on mine either. I am trying to see if I can find out what that file is used for. Any passwords at all on yyour database? What type of database are you using?

Joanne

I am using MSACCESS, and there ae no password needed to connect to the database.

In Setup.lst simply delete the line wich request registration of MSFTAWS.PDW. I Had the same Problem. I don't know why Package and Deployment Wizard (PDW)create this line, so i simple delete this line in Setup.lst

Thank you very much for all your participation, I was able to fix this issue this morning as I was going throught my setup.lst file, I have manually edited the file and it works fine.

Once again, thank YOU ALL X-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back