Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any Like for Like replacement for Calendar in Access 2003? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

torquinian

Programmer
Sep 15, 2006
GB
I am supporting a site who decided to upgrade some of their machines to Access 365 but leave some using Access 2003, with both versions using the same database.

When trying to create records containing dates in Access 365, the Calendar that appears when using Access 2003 does not appear and without it they are unable to create these records using Access 365. I understand that Microsoft did not support this Calendar in later versions of Access.

Is there such a thing as a list of Calendars that replace the ones used in Access 2003 (I believe it is Calendar 7) that will work in both Access 2003 and Access 365 or some way programmatically of loading different Calendars and their appropriate coding?

The exact name of the Calendar is MSCAL.Calendar.7.

I got sick of depending on library controls (and having to redesign every time there was a change), and, I also couldn't depend on said controls being available in secure environments, so I built my own form that emulates the usual calendar control functionality.

What you would assume to be a simple form is quite complicated (skipping through months, years, and ensuring day focus is correct is quite fiddly).
Functionally - it has all you'd require. (Month / year skipping, highlighting 'today', returning to 'this month' etc.).

View the image attachment, if you want a 'text' export of it - let me know.

ATB,

Darrylle

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=fe9053bf-ee76-4cb1-a095-30f4a399f09b&file=calendar.png
Yes calendars has allways been one of access's shortcommings.
I have seen Darrylls calendar before allthough his is one of the nice'r ones and I have a few that I use, some are Darryll look-a-likes, one is with the current date shown in a large orange square below the calendar itself and I even have a booking calendar screen wide incl. all kinds of reports.

But use darryll's as he says it has it all and looks good too, what more do you want :)

Herman
Say no to macros

Hi Darrylles,

Thanks for your offer, I would appreciate a 'text' export of your calendar.

Hermanlaksko, thanks for your recommendation!

Hi torq,

I've uploaded a small app that contains 2 forms only: 1 is the calendar form, 1 is a small example calling form.
All code is documented.

I've had problems with command buttons not being raised (3d); I think it's a local installation problem - hopefully it's fine on yours (although for me - function is more important than form).

If you'd rather have this in another version, or pure text, then let me know.

ATB,

Darrylle

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=13697808-e4b2-478e-b2a6-4e46249e476c&file=calendar.accdb
Hi Darrylle,
Thanks for that - I will let you know how I get on!

I've been using a pop-up calendar I got from Access 97 Developer's Handbook and continue to use it in Access 365. It seems to work well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back