Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any info on MICROS e7 TLS 1.2 Compliance ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revision3

IS-IT--Management
Sep 24, 2010
US
Hello,

Does anyone have any information for us guys running Micros e7? Merchant Link requiring TLS 1.2 or higher by April 15th 2018 and I am very worried about losing the ability to accept credit cards.

My local micros dealer isn't being very helpful and they are telling me they will not upgrade our micros system but are more than happy to sell me a new system.

If I understand correctly Micros e7 must be running e7 version 4.2 across the board. (Server PC and workstations) I also heard that the workstations must be Workstation 5 and Workstation 4 are no longer supported.

Any extra info on this or extra details on e7 would be appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Correct, you must be running Windows 7 at minimum on the back office PC. Additionally, you need to run E7 version 4.2 or 4.3 (4.3 is the latest). You'll need to have WS5 or WS5A's for workstations.

What version operating system is on your back office PC? What version of Micros e7 are you currently running? We can help you through updating to get you to the latest version (4.3) and assist you with swapping out any hardware that may need to be swapped.

merchant link is updating couple of our e7 for 1.2, 600 each and 20 a month bs for e7.

help, I get failed to load pif service module: svcdue to lack of signature?

Go in to Configurator, under Restaurant, Security Tab, put a check in the box "Permit unsigned interfaces".

Hey I am on Windows 7 SP1 for the server and have two workstations that are 5 style on e7 build 3.3.0501.0235

Currently we are batching from one of the workstations. Willing to pay for a remote help to update to TLS 1.2 so it seems we have the pieces in place to be able to.

Pretty technical so offer me a quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back