Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any ideas? Avaya vpn phone 5610 restarts every 6 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipark

Technical User
Apr 27, 2010
US
I am working with a remote office that has 4 Avaya vpn phones, 5610. For some reason the phones will reset every 6 hours and 25 minutes or so. They were on Qwest DSL, now they are on fiber through an ISP that resells Qwest service. 5Mb up and 5 Mb down.

Identical phones configured in other offices do not have this issue connecting to the same Cisco ASA 5520.

I am not sure if it is the VPN (although I think this unlikely because other VPN phones keep their tunnels up for days at a time) or if it is something ISP specific. I ruled out router/firewall issues because I had the same problem with a Motorola Netopia and now a Sonicwall TZ100.

Anyone run into a similar issue?

Thanks.

Sorry, put this in wrong forum, it's for an IP office 500, any way to move this?

you might want to find out what the ISP address lease time is. sounds like a link or local data equipment issue.

Increase the rekey timers. The 5600's tend to do that when the timers expire and have to redo the key exchanges.

Thanks, I'll check out both suggested items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back