Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any good sites to learn MICROS 2700? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien111

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2002
US
Need a crash course on MICROS 2700 setup, config and admin. Anyone know of a good site?

Thanks,

Jeff Jeff Elliott, MCP

there actually no good site, but the 200 is a pain in the butt to program because it used hex codes. you need help tell me what you need i can probably get some info for you

I also have a micros system 2700 and need assistance with it. I am using it for a restaurant and need to change the menu it it. I'm not sure how to go about it. I have the users manual, but do I need more than that? Any help you can give me would be so appreciated.

I can show you how to change the menu. That's pretty simple. If your still interested, reply.

Jeff

Jeff, MCP

Well, I could use some help with the the 2700.

I just became a manager at the restaurant where I work, and none of the other ones really seem to know how the thing works beyond changing a few simple menu items and various other tasks.

I'd like to clean up the incorrect things in the menu. Basically, after pressing a menu item, like a dinner, employees hit a button labelled "Plus Mod" to access a list of substitutions - some of them are wrong.

Using my magnetic card, I sign into the register and go to Processes, and then Change Menu Item, where I enter the number for the item and then rename the item. Although it fixes what the button puts onto the screen and prints onto the receipt, the "button" itself is labelled incorrectly on the screen.

They don't have a manual and I'd like to just fix the thing myself without having to call in somebody else, and I imagine it's something pretty stupid I'm not doing, so any help would be appreciated.

Okay, I messed around with it a bit and managed to change the button names. But I still don't get exactly how it works. I'd like to arrange the layout of the buttons how I want them... so if anybody could explain the numbers and how they correspond to the grid of buttons and things like that... I'd appreciate it.

Also, how do you change which buttons are linked to which items?

I'm a product manager for Micros products in our company.

What kind of Micros 2700 are you using. Full Keyboard or Touchscreen version? There is a big difference in programming a keyboard or a touchscreen machine.
I can't seem to make up which of the two you are using.

There not much to it, to program the 2700, you just need to know the little tricks.

Oh... sorry, I forgot to mention that.

I'm using the one I see around the internet all the time - the bottom part is half keypad, half touchscreen.

OK, you have a touchscreen version. I guess you want to change the buttons on the touchscreen. The grid is build up from 11 till 6A ( 6 A is 6=Row | A=Column). You build up the key from left upper corner to the right lower corner. (eg. 11 6A | CLOCK IN/OUT | 3 | 00A0 = 1 key filling up the whole touchscreen with the largest font and the keycode for clocking in/out an employee)

There are two ways to assign menu items to the touchscreen. By direct keys or by SLU (Screen Look Up | similar like PLU).
The direct keys you have to assign a number in the menu item file (2 Sys Cfg | 2 RVC | 2 Sales | 3 Menu Item) in column KYBD. The first four digits are for direct keys and the last two digits are for SLU codes. Use codes 0400-07FF to assign the codes to the menu items, and then in touchscreens (2 Sys Cfg | 2 RVC | 2 Sales | 6 touchscreens | 1 screens) you can assign the same code as you did with the menu items.

can anyone help me with the following

i just bought a bar that has a micros 2700 system on it-

i;ve never used a micros before and the manual has only answered some of my questions-

I think its a 1/2 keyboard version the bottom has a key bad with about 30 keys and the top part is a touch screen

i'm looking to do a few things.
i've learned to change prices and key names on linked pages, but i cant figure out how to change anything on the first page i see (its called speed bar). this page has highlighted keys which link to other pages and then keys for our most popluar items.
for example the front page going down will read BEER (which links to a page full of beers, that page i've learned reprogram using the assign menu item option on the procedure menu, its the front page i cant seem to alter)
after that it has keys for
Bud
amst lite
heineken
absolut
kettle
and so forth
its these keys i can reprogram

2. also how do i create a new linked page-
lets say i create a button called happy hour- how can i make a page with happy hour prices

3. i cant figure out how to reset the tape print out when an employee signs in and out- it goes back to the day i bought the bar and i have no idea how to reset it weekly

4. currently when a user needs to punch in a drink she must
enter her employee id number first everytime, is there a way to cancel that feature so that they can just enter there order directly with out signing in first

5. i also can not figure out how to get a detailed inventory report- i.e. the number of bud lites, amstel, miller, kettle one ... sold- i just get the family group total

thanks for any help you can give me

marcel
marcel_link@yahoo.com

I have some good information on the Micros 2700 on my website, if anyone is looking for any.

Micros4less.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back