Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

any good/quick way to find which custom reports... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jymm

Programmer
Apr 11, 2002
US
- still on v9 for the next month or so - trying to do some cleanup before we move to 2010

I inherited a reports.dic where the users (and the former partner - former as in they will not grace our door ever again) were customizing reports at a whim and for no reason that anyone can remember. Over the last while I have been able to get down to about 50 custom reports, but I would really love to find out which of the custom reports in the reports.dic 1) are overlays of real reports & 2) have at least one user with security to run it. None of the reports that are in the dic are run from within reportwriter - so I would love to get rid of those and take a strong look at why we need any others - or at least document the difference.

anyone got a fancy way to look at GP security and see which specific reports allow users access (that make any sense)?

Hi,

Yes .you can find out using GP advanced security in GP 9.

maybe I am missing something

unfortunatly unless you want to go into every 'node' on the reports and look at each one to see if the user is 'turned on' for the report - I dont think this is what I am looking for - but maybe there is a nother way inside Advanced Secrity that I do not know about

I am looking for a way to get a list of all reports in the custom dictionary and if anyone is 'turned on' for that report. The WDC tables hold promise, but there are too many rabbit hole that I do not want to chase things down...

a bit more work than what I was expecting, but you got me there - thanks so much - have a star on me!

If your former partner was nice enough to give you the free support debugger tool, that may help you as well in your endeavor. Best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back