Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any Freeware for Registry....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQLBaby

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2003
US
Win XP Pro, i install one sotware on my old computer, now i want to install on my new built computer. I have license for that software but now that company is not exist anymore, i installed by original CD on new computer but at the time of activation it did not get through.

Any utily available which can show me the files and all entries of that software in the registry so i can copy on new computer and may be it starts working...

Thanks in advance

Knowledge is a key of success.

Which program? (and if you have the original CD, all you'll need is the key for it, which can usually be found by searching either the company or product name in the registry)

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group

i have key, but it activated through internet, and now it is not activating

is any utily which can tell entires in regitry...?

Knowledge is a key of success.

I doubt it unfortunately (unless they're all bundled in the same hive, in which case, you simply export the hive - again you can usually find this by company or product name)

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group

What software, which company? Usually any software that requires Activation, and the company goes out of business, involves some amendment as a last act by that company to remove Activation so that all its users don't have problems if they re-install the operating system.

See if you can find anything on Google such as a relevant user forum or other users who use this, so far unknown, program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back