Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any Experiences With This Case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about to purchase a similar case but it has a 420w power supply for the same money from a local vender. Is pretty quit with what it has for fans.

Check out the images...see the tiny holes where the inlet and exhause fans go? I do not like those. They allow very little air through the case and increase fan noise. I do like the holes in front for air intake and if you use the window mounted fan, it's also in the proper position. The top blowhole has a large grille and will be very quiet if run on +5vdc instead of 12v.

The power supply should be adequate for most systems, but one over 400w would be a good idea.

Skip

If anybody wants an example of a cheap nasty power supply then look close, here it is, sorry RWild, I don't mean to just rubbish your choice but the chassis looks familiar and everything is made of that cheap flimsey galvanished steel.
All show and no class.
Martin

Replying helps further our knowledge, without comment leaves us wondering.

I'm not set in stone on that choice. It's just out of the 10 I really liked, that one had the most "great" reviews.

OK! for $52 buy the case but seriously think about changing the power supply ASAP not because of it's supposed rating but because of it's low quality.
You can live with a flimsey case but not a dead HDD/CDrom or motherboard.
I case I admit looks nice even if it's just sugar coating.
Martin

Replying helps further our knowledge, without comment leaves us wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back