Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any Experience with Sunbelt's Counterspy Enterprise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorySabre

Technical User
Feb 14, 2002
CA
Hi,

SpyBot and Ad-Aware are pretty much standalone products, but I'm looking for an enterprise tool that allows me to centrally manage my spyware/adware removal, generate reports, set and control policies, etc. My McAfee VSE 8.0i does some basic removal, but it is basically useless in detecting all the spyware/adware.

I took a test drive of MS's Antispyware beta program and it appeared to detect more spyware/adware than Spybot and Ad-Aware combined. (at least on my informal test on one PC) Since MS's solution was originally Giant's product and Sunbelt built their Counterspy Enterprise using the same engine, I'm curious to know how well this product works.

Does anyone use it? Have any issues with it? Would you recommend it or choose a different solution now that you've purchased it? Or is there something out there that works better in an enterprise environment.

I'm interested in hearing your feedback on this.

Thanks!

Never used that product. The two I looked at were PestPatrol Enterprise which now is owned by CA, and Webroot Spy Sweeper Enterprise.

I went with PestPatrol and it works well. PP can be run centrally and push updates to clients and then scan them on a schedule or manually. I remember reading that webroot was pretty much the same.

Drew

I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. ~ Baggins

VictorySabre any advice you can give on Counterspy. I'm looking for a solution as well and that's the one I'm leaning towards right now.

you must remember that just because MS Antispyware product was based off of Giant's product, there have been hundreds of changes which have occured. So don't just base it off of that. Obtain a trial copy of the Sunbelt Enterprise software... that's the best thing you can do.

Computer/Network Technician
CCNA

The Enterprise version of the Microsoft product should see the light of day of end third quarter of this year.

A genuinely interesting contender:
Shavlik, provider of HFNetChkPro™ 5 Automated Patch Management software, to release an enterprise version anti-spyware application soon.

(Shavlik provided under license some key parts of the Microsoft Baseline Security Analysis utility.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back