Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any Cisco Pix Sims or online labs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucknasty

Technical User
Jan 31, 2005
US
There are tons of router switch simulators and tons of online labs where you can rent router/switch time.

What about the Cisco Pix? I need a simulator or online lab where I can configure at least a 3 interface pix with Pix IOS 6.3x.

Boson has tons of router/switch sims, any idea if they have a pix sim? My search of the boson site didn't turn up any Pix sims.

Thanks

bucknasty,

Not sure if this will help but I did a search at Ebay under Cisco for "CCIE Labs" !!

I have never used them so here it is for you to look into -
-----------------------------------------------------------
This auction is for one 4 hour session from NetLab Rentals.

Included in our Racks are:
10 2621XM Routers
2 3620 Routers
2 3550 EMI Switches
1 PIX 515
1 PIX 501
1 VPN 3005
1 IDS 4210
ISDN, ATM, Frame-Relay, and more!

Our Racks support CCBootcamp, IPExpert, IE LabExperts, and more!

The winner of this auction will be able to select the time and day of the 4 hour session (depending upon availability).

NetLab Rentals….expertise is everthing!

-----------------------------------------------------------

I hope this helps!!!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

thanks for the info. Never thought to look at ebay for some labs. make perfect sense.

Pix 501 costs about $425 and you can bang on it day and night and hook up your soho to the Internet with it.

If you understand the basic six commands the configuration isn't too bad. If you really want to invest in boxes that can do everything, the 515 or 515E with UR is the first box that can do failover and everything else the bigger boxes do. You can get a 501 and learn enough to pass the CSPFA, though.

has PIX simulations. BUT before you go there it is in Chinese (but not the labs) so you need to hover over the links and check in the progress bar of you browser to find the correct link. It takes about 5 minutes looking around so don't get put off as they have about 25 labs available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back