Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any body using TIE commerce EVISION for EDI 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ediprog

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2004
IN
Any body using TIE commerce EVISION for EDI

Yes. We're in the implementation stage. How's it going for you?

We are using Tie Commerce Suite of products. We are new at it and we are trying to write the Segments we read from an EDI transaction to a record in our data base. The intent, is to always have the raw EDI Data attached to the Record for work-Flow management. We have opened a field in the Application Db called EDIData, within our mapping process we need to know how to write each segment, delimited by a carraige return, so that when displayed over the web, it would display the EDI data similarly to how it appears in the Itegrator package:
ST*123*133
B3*123*123*213
N1*ABC***SH
LX*1
SE*123*123

Does anyone have any idea on how we can do this? prima-donna@comcast.net

Yes, we are having many difficulties making the product do some very basic things. We need help and we are hoping this forum can sharpen our understanding of the product.

We are using Tie Commerce for 5 or 6 years now:
eVision Enterprise
spEDImapper
Integrator

We are also using GridNode for 2 or 3 years now:
GridTalk

WinNT
Win2k Server

DB:
SQL7
mySQL

How's your conversion going? Anyone interested in doing some consulting work on Integrator? =)

We have been using Integrator for PIP to Idoc, Idoc to PIP and PIP to PIP.

i'll will try to help if you post, but i am not interested in consulting.

Have been using Evision with Oracle on unix platform and it works pretty well.

We are using Integrator version 3.1.106 and having a problem with the workflow we've setup to handle inbound transactions. Consistently getting an error "character data remaining in stream"...48453 when running the RunLPOIn action. We are able to test the inbound EDI file fine in Integrator. TIE seems to think it's either a rights issue or a problem with the 3.1.106 views (standards) that we are importing (supposedly they added some code to handle bin logic). Any idea on what could be causing this?

(Addition to above)...what's odd is that we have link plans that were created by a TIE consultant that work fine with the same workflows. Could be that we are doing something wrong but I'm thinking that it's a Integrator to Evision issue.

Is there a way we could get together on a converence call to discuss our issues? My number is 630.530.6471, please give me a call, I would like to start a forum for Tie users where we could share development and discuss issues.

I have been using the Evision products for 2 years, and have a bit of luck with the product. I have been reading the posts and find some of them a bit confusing regarding what some of you are trying to do. I have been doing EDI for about 5 years and generally understand most EDI concepts, I will review what I see posted and will help if I can.

moocow007
I would be glad to help with your Integrator programming, go to webbset.com and then go to the bulletin board and register yourself. You can then post in the Freelance section of the Forum. I will contact you from your info there. I know others that work only on Evision products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back