Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any Body Notice on 3.1(56) SCN Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

deltaserver403

Technical User
Apr 7, 2005
UG
Dear All.

We have 3 sites on SCN all are 3.1(56)

Site A - 1 Pri E1 - 4 Analog Trunks
Site B - No Trunks
Site C - 1 Pri E1

Site B Makes the call by picking the line from site A, after user hangs up line does not hang up , it keep on running in the call status we have to disconenct manually,

This problem was not there on 2.1(27)

After up grading we have this problem,any work around for this

anybody have this problem

Regards
DS

I suggest to you IPO version upgrade to 3.1(65)for all site.

There is problem SCN with 2.1(27) and 3.1(65)

I upgrade a two site SCN to 3.1.56 and within a week, we were at 3.1.56xxx, then up to 3.1.65.
We had issues like you described, and several others involving VM not picking up for the remote sites.

Hey thephonemn, are you saying that you have or had both sites at 3.1.56 and the remote site sometimes didnt pick up VM? ie the phone would just ring no answer? I'm having this problem now with 3.1.56.

To Us and Those Like Us, Damn Few Left

Yes, I had the same problem. It was only if you went through an Auto Attendant at the remote site. If you were answered and then transfered to the user, voicemail would pick up. It was also only on the remote site. Extensions on the main site cover to VM just fine, even when going through the same Auto Attendant. Upgraded to 3.1.65 and problem was resolved.

deltaserver403

Now that you are on 3.1.65 does this resolve the issue of the original question that you had with calls not being cleared after site B disconnects? Or are you still having to clear them through call status? I am going to use a similar install as yourself.

Hi Orlando21.

Not yet upgraded to 3.1(65),due to customer is not given the permission do so,

we are sugesting them to go for PRI E1, they are looking that option also,

Once i upgrade i will post the outcome.

Reagrds
DS

I had similar issues with 3.1.59 with SCN branch offices. I tried downgrading to 3.0.69.

Had to go back to 3.0.40 to clear things up.

Anyone had a more recent version that resolved this issue? I don't want to try upgrading again until I hear if anyone else has resolved these problems.

I would really like to go to 3.2 at some point...

PS - when I upgraded to 3.1.59 I did all offices at once but still had dead air issues, so it wasn't a problem with different versions at different sites.

Is FASTSTART enabled? I know it doesn't sound appropriate for a Trunk, but I was told that FASTSTART has a different meaning on Trunks from Stations. That fixed an issue I was having with calls over SCN to busy numbers not notifying the caller properly (busy signal or VM).

Hope this helps...

Kris G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back