Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Antivirus for NT SERVER 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlin511

Programmer
Mar 27, 2002
US
Hi Guys,

Need your comments for an antivirus sofware to be install on an NT server version 4.0.

Any suggestion, comments, price etc...

Thanks

I would suggest Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition, probably a little pricey but you get what you pay for.

This server is my own so i would like something more money friendly..

Roger

AVG has a server product that is a little more reasonable. I hve not used it on a server but have been very happy with the desktop version.

I use WinGate which includes proxy server, firewall, content filter, and also an anti-virus plug-in which monitors all web and e-mail traffic. It's excellent value.

One point though, the current version of the WinGate anti-virus plug-in won't work on NT4. You will need to download version 4.3.0.2 from the Deerfield.com archives.

Tony Groves.

If you want Norton, you would need to go with NAV 2001. From what I remember, the off the shelf versions will not work with Server software anymore. They make you buy the Corporate editions.

Worst case scenario - buy the system works 2001 CD, and browse the NAV directory and install it from there - don't install the rest of the garbage on it.

There may be some freebies out there that I'm not aware will work on NT 4.0 server though.

I use network associates netshield for nt. great program as it also has a client version as well that automatically downloads the updates from the server and not the internet. So basically the server downloads from the internet and the clients download from the server.

neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back