Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AntiSpam Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredstover

Technical User
Oct 28, 2004
US
Hi,

I'm looking for ideas on an antispam solution,

Currently running exchange 2000 with less then 20 email clients and spam is a pain.

Can anyone recommend or point me to a good site for reviews etc.

Thanks

Fred

Google or threadsearch here for Mail Marshal, we've been very happy with this product for years.

If you'll do a search of this forum you'll find a bounty of information.

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

GFI is generally the one most endorsed on this forum

Paul

I have been using IHATESPAM for Exchange from Sunbelt-Software. It runs like a champ on Exchange 2000

Third party hosted solutions include
AppRiver ( - I have about 2 dozen clients using that.

Microsoft Exchange Hosted Services ( - I have two clients about to go to this. This is the rebranded FrontBridge service that's outstanding.

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

an old article but useful....you would be suprised GFI gets praised but....
anyhow
here it is:

:--------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

[URL unfurl="true"]http://mostarnet.com[/url]

All around in my home town,
They tryin' to track me down...

Another GFI fan here although it took a lot longer than a week for the Bayesian filter to learn.

We have about 30 email clients here and about 60-70% spam. Users see hardly any of it now. I monitor the Bayesian detected spam but there are very, very few false positives.

We use Brightmail, which is the premium anti-spam add-on for Sysmantec Mail Security.

We used to get abot 150 spam email a day, now we only get about 1 or 2.

:)

Installed a Barracude 300 in front of my Exchange server, blocked over 8 million spam mails since December 1, 2005 (300 users that love to give out their email address at every opportunity).

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back