Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Antialiasing Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMS001

Programmer
Nov 12, 2002
CA
Hi - I have a project that requires the text in a textbox or label to be antialiased. Last week I found an ocx that did just that. I did not bookmark the webpage and cannot find it again. (Searched through my History; - Searched through google for any keyword that is related; - Searched through my Temporary Internet Files for the GIFs and JPGs to find the images from the site - it has two ovals with the text: This is your text before antialiasing and this is your text after antialiasing.) I can't find it!
Has anyone come across this site. The author was asking a reasonable price (about $30).
Has anyone seen this webpage?
Thanx!!!

You can do it yourself, see see the sample at the bottom.

you'll want to set the logfonts lfQuality value to ANTIALIASED_QUALITY

Pruvate Const ANTIALIASED_QUALITY = 4

Two strings walk into a bar. The first string says to the bartender: 'Bartender, I'll have a beer. u.5n$x5t?*&4ru!2[sACC~ErJ'. The second string says: 'Pardon my friend, he isn't NULL terminated'.

Hi DrJavaJoe

WO
That is pretty cool!

I would be overjoyed (and I'm pretty happy) if I could figure out a way to render the fonts at the smaller sizes (10 or 12) because they look fantastic at 20 and above. I mean really fantastic! I tried 'StretchBlt'ing them down and it is passable, but I have been part of a very good graphics project and the results (at smaller sizes) should be a bit better.

This great tip has been VERY appreciated - THANX!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back