Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anti-Virus for Domino 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

paradox17

MIS
Oct 28, 2002
US
Any suggestions on Anti-Virus software for a Domaino Enterprise network. The infrastucture consists of 11 mail servers and approx 33,000 users. If anyone has used Anti-Virus /SPAM solution for a domino domain with 4 + servers I would like some input.

Thanks,

Anyone? I am sure this topic has been covered but I wanted to start a new thread specific to my needs. Does anyone have ANY input?

Er em.

I read your request I though he/she is having a laugh.
Let me get this straight.
You have got a Lotus notes domain with 33,000 users and you do not have any e-mail scanner on any of your server?

Obviously I must have got this wrong. So can you rephrase the question?

regards,

I use my-etrust.com antivirus software for our domino server. It is inexpensive and seems pretty easy to use.

Of course we have an anti-virus solution. However I am a new Systems Engineer in the company and have never used Domino (Exchange Admin) We are using Antigen 7.0 and wanted to look at some possible advantages to other systems I.E. Syamntec Corp, Trend, CA or possibly a gateway appliance. Was looking for some feedback to what people are using in production.

Give Symantec Anti-Virus Filtering 3.1 a try there is a 90 trial download or you can try the symantec SMS 4.0
I use 3.1 and it works great

Hello

Our infrastructure is a little small than yours, around 4500 users. We have used McAfee Viruscan Enterprise on our main gateway servers. The package is bulit in such away that it will scan mail as it enters the mail.box's and if there is any virus it will quarranteen it for the administrator to deal with. There is also a spamming tool packages with it. But that requires a little more tweeking to get right. Very useful.
I hope that sheds more light on the subject.

Regards

Thanks Jason that was the kind of info i was looking for. It looks like Antigen 7.0 is our best be for now. I like its use of multiple anti-virus engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back