Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Antares 2425 not Reading Config Bar codes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coop3DW

MIS
Mar 14, 2002
US
I'm trying to setup some shortcut bar codes on printed labels (using Intermec 4420 and 3600 printers) to used for getting into the Config menus of the 2425 and changing standard settings (such as the DCS controller IP, ect.) on the scanners with out the need of going through all the menus as we do now through the keypad.

If I use the sample config bar codes that are in the Trakker PDF manual I downloaded from Intermec's web site, they work just fine. If I take the same character sequence (they're printed below each of the bar codes in the manual) and create a bar coded label using Loftware (ver. 6 ) and print it out to the 4420 or 3600 label printer the darn thing doesn't work. I made sure the bar codes were a code 39 Full ASCI just as they are in the manual and the characters pop-up in the User name field ( The log-in screen for our Bar Code App), so I know that I put the correct charters in but for some reason the gun doesn't interpret my label as a command function for accessing the Config menu.

I called Intermec tech support and they told me that there's no special control characters or anything in their labels that are not showing in the print below the bar codes in the manual. They told me that the labels I made should work just fine, but for some reason they don't. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions !!!!!!

Can you do a line for line comparison of the barcodes? In other words hold the barcodes up next to each other and see if the lines are identical. It may take a while to do this.
I suspect there is a difference. You are either not picking the correct control characters or something.
Control barcodes are tough to make and get right.
What is the sequence? I have program that I use and it works great.
Are you 100% certain the barcode provided by Intermec is Code39 full ASCII?

I use code 93 because we have an Enter Key Prefix appended to Code 39 which screws up a control Barcode cause it is adding an Enter key to it as well. So it does not work correctly.
DougP, MCP

I just checked the label I printed against the one in the book and they are different. I’m sure I’m using code39 in Loftware and according to the 2425 manual, all their bar codes are code39 as well.

I just found a True Type Font for Code 39 and just did a test out of MS Word and guess what..... it works just fine. Loftware’s font must be doing something goofy. I’ll have to call them and see if there’s some work around using their product or I might just have to find a deferent label printing software.

Thanks for your response it got me going in the right direction!

P.S. What software are you useing

I use B-coder Pro by Taltech
I am a VAR for them
Plus I sell a barcode font too. but its not Full ASCII just the regular.

Thats my ad up above here in the banner.
BarcodeONE.com

Douglas Poston, MCP, President
DougP, MCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back