Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

answer with message and music 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixin

Vendor
Mar 12, 2004
US
Looking for a device or a way to play a message to the incomming caller then play music while the call is queued up to the console. The system has a PRI T1 with DNIC comming in. Any ideas?

If its a 3300 then send the call to a huntgroup and have the console as a member.
You can now assign 2 RAD greetings to the huntgroup.
dont forget to check out the COS to setup the timers etc.

So I send the DNIC to a hunt group with the console as the only member. This will enable a RAD greeting and play music while ringing the console?

If you are working on a 3300ICP then yes but if you are on an SX2000 then an external RAD is also required.

The only problem with this is you cannot have a console in a hunt group

true. the console can not be in a hunt group but if you use Attendant overflow cos option 705 in the cos of the console and send it to a recording group that is programmed in the tenant of the console it will work. This is a good option as it never leaves the console and the "call waiting" icon on the console shows the number of calls waiting. Option 118 in the cos of the console dictates the time before the call goes to the recording group.

Will MOH play after the recording group or is ring back heard while queued to the console? This is a SX 200 ICP MX.

after timer in cos 118 the call will go to a recording group that could say " our attendant is busy please stay on the line " as an example then go to music.

How do I program the RAD group to answer?

Enter the pilot number of the recording device hunt group into CDE Form 19 (Call Rerouting Table) under “UCD/Attendant Recording Routing for This Tenant”, under the console’s tenant. This is whee the call goes after option 118 expires and then automatically to music.

I will give it a go. Thankyou so much to all!

Not sure when I will get to it. 3 hour drive. I will just follow the book on setting up a couple voice mail ports for RAD's and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back