Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Answer Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricancanes

Technical User
Sep 15, 2002
US
I have a Definity R11. I want to have a DID route into a answer group controlled by a vector. Can this be done? How?

if you have RTU's on for Vectoring then sure:

if you only want to send the calls to the cover ans group then add a station with the DID and coverage to the cover answer group.

with vectoring it depends on what you want to do?

If the group is small, you can also route the call to a call-termination group. It only allows 4 points of termination, whereas the call-answer group allows 8 I think.

Thanks for the responses. I have it working now. I have another question. Can this answer group be assigned a distinctive ring?

I don't believe so. If they have display sets that will at least see the name of the group! Since it will ring on each persons respective call appearance, Per-button ring control would not work for this either. Maybe someone else has some ideas...

I beleive that with a call-termination group once there is one call active, another call will not ring to the group. With a cov ans group it will. So if you anticipate receiving more than one call at the same time to this DID, I would add this as a cov ans group.

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back