Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ANSI Join error on upgrade from 8.5 to XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazcadman

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2003
GB
Hi all,

I have recently moved over 300 reports from 8.5 to XI. Most work ok but a few are getting strange join type errors which i am finding hard to resolve. The latest is as follows:

When run an existing 8.5 report in desinger in XI get following error:
ORA-25156 old style outer join (+) cannot be used with ANSI joins.

Report still ok in 8.5 but cannot run at all in XI without above error.

Does anyone know what i have to do to my database joins to resolve? I have tried changing in link options but so far no luck.

Thanks in advance
Karen

What connectivity are you using to Oracle? We need to know technical information: Oracle version, which connectivity the offending reports use, and if the SQL was editied manually in those.

I'd also make sure that you apply the latest service packs.

So try switching the connectivity to Oracle Server if you're using ODBC or OLE DB, or vice versa and see what happens as well.

-k

Thanks for your input. I was using ODBC to connect but have also tried connecting using Oracle. We are on version 9.2i.
We also put latest service pack on two days ago.
Same problem.

We think that perhaps there is a conflict in the criteria in XI, ie something was ok in 8.5 but now in XI something is conflicting with links...it's a nightmare. Dread to think how many of my other reports may be like this.

You get the exact same error using the Native connectivity?

In CR XI I asuume that you're using the Oracle supplied ODBC driver, whereas in CR 8.5 you should have been using the Crystal supplied ODBC driver for Oracle (which was a mistake, it was much slower, native should be used,and never the Oracle supplied ODBC driver).

Check which ODBC connection you're using..

If th above all fails, try changing the Oracle client as well, perhaps the 10 client would help...

But I'm guesing that this is the result of using unsupported connectivity in CR 8.5, which probably also meant that some reprts were returning erroneous data (scary stuff!).

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back