Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Another Question ! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bladeka

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2004
EG
can anyone help me to do the procedures of extenstion mobility on CCM 4.0 ??

Here's the offical setup doc from Cisco:
The Extension Mobility (EM) service must be running on at least one of your CCM's - that's the first thing to do. That can be done in CCM Serviceabilty - Service Activation.

Next, add EM as an IP Phone Service, using this URL as a guideline: of CallManager>/emapp/EMAppServlet?device=
#DEVICENAME#

Make sure you change <IPADdress of CallManager> to the IP address of one of your subscriber CCM's (if both are running EM, I prefer not to have it running on the publisher). Either have people add the EM IP phone service to their service subscriptions, or bulk add it to their subscriptions using BAT.

Then, create your Device Profiles (under CCMAdmin - Device Profiles, I believe) for each DN/user you want to use EM. You'll assign user accounts to the Device Profiles you create; go into the Global Directory and make sure to associate their Device Profile to their user account as well.

Once all of this is set up, test it out - press the Services button, go to the Extension Mobility Service, and try to log in. If things aren't set up right, you'll pretty much find out when you test it...

Hope this helps -

TMH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back