Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Another problem with System Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhschell

MIS
Nov 7, 2003
US
I currently have one EX2003 server that is working good. I built a new one and have had problems with the system attendant. It was working fine for about a week. When I rebooted the server everything started fine. A week later the server will not start the SA. When you reboot the server it takes about a hour before the SA will restart, then you have to restart the Store and MTA manually. I had another server do this awhile back and thought something got corrupted so I wiped the server and started over and now the samething is happening.

Store and MTA depend on the SA, so they time out. I'd look at the dependencies of the SA to find out why it is so slow to start.

Actually I decided to leave my old E2003 server up and use this one for something else. We think it may have been a problem with a hardware conflict inside the machine. The only thing I had a problem with on this server was exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back