Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Another Picture in a form question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterL

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2000
US
I don't know why this won't sink into my head but...
I have a text box in my form which has a field called picture as its control. This field contains the path of my picture. I am image control also on my form. I don't understand how the image control knows to use the path of my picture.
When I select a picture it does appear on screen but stays on screen for every record. Upon closing the form the picture no longer appears.

HELP

Peter,

I hope this helps. You type the pathname or choose the pathname of the picture < image > < that is where the picture is physically stored on the computer or server> then the picture is loaded into the image control on your form.
I am going to assume that this is done with VBA. It is the code that works upon loading of the record. That is how i usually do it. When a record is changed the VBA loads the new pathname for that record.

Hope this helps

Raven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back