Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Another Phaser 850 Heater Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

drosen123

Technical User
Oct 8, 2008
After getting the 13.004.43 error, and using the excellent tips in this forum, I looked in the side and saw one lamp was not working and I replaced both lamps.

Now, both lamps light, but I still get the same error. While watching the warm up, I see that the lamps glow full strength and then get dim after about 2 seconds, then full strength again, then dim after about 2 seconds.

Any suggestions what to try next?

Thank you for your help.

This is from the manual: The left jet stack heater is not heating at all, or is heating too
slowly. Ensure the printer is not located next to an
air-conditioning duct. Check that the printhead-to-drum gap is
not too close (the drum can act as a heatsink). Inspect the
printer wiring. Replace the printhead.

In my experience the printhead is bad. It's time for a new machine as a printhead is very expensive.

Thank you.
I was aware of the other information, but because I saw that both heaters were lighting up, I thought I might be lucky and it would be something else other than the printhead.

I don't know if it bears on this problem, but when the printer is first turned on it makes a "clacking" noise for a few seconds as the gears are all working. Someone gave me this printer so I don't know what it is supposed to sound likr when it starts up. They told me it was working fine.

Ok, so I pulled out the printhead and it has large patches of dried ink blobs (over 2") on it, so I cleaned them all off and reinstalled the head.

Viewed from the front, there is a 2-connector white plastic connector with 2 black wires going to it. That connects to a jack on the pc board, but the jack has 4 pins, not 2.

Does anyone know how it connects? I plugged in in the middle and now I get a 10.033.45 error as soon as I turn the printer on.

Thanks for any help.

Found that it goes on the 2 right-most pins. That problem is solved.
New problem posted starting new thread.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back