Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Another newbie question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogle

IS-IT--Management
Mar 13, 2006
US
Hi, I'm using Manager 5.0 (69)... my question is, when i'm on the phone and someone calls a hunt group that i'm logged into, how do I make the system notify me (ring once, or flash, or something)?

Thanks in advance!

By default it doesn't. The point of hunt groups is to distribute the call to someone who is available to answer it. Since you're already on a call the IP Office won't present the hunt group call to you, instead it will present it to the next person in the group who is free to answer.

If required there are various ways (hunt group call waiting in a collective group, group buttons, and visual group queues in Phone Manager) to be informed that there are group calls waiting to be answered when you are already on a call.

Thanks for the reply... I figured it out, thx to your clue.

For hunt groups using the Ring Mode of Group, call waiting indication can be enabled. This is done by ticking the Call Waiting option on the Hunt Group | Hunt Group tab.

Note that for the group member to receive call waiting indication, their personal call waiting setting must also be enabled.

you could also put a "group" button on the phone so that when a call is ringing in it will blink and when calls are in queue it will be solid so you can scroll through them ans answer which ever you want.

ACA & ACS IPO Implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back