Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

another get head around netbackup

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry712

Technical User
Oct 1, 2002
GB
i have installed a master server - this is attached to a emc san - and can see the ml6020 and the 6 drives.

i install a media server onto another server that again is attached the the san and have allowed it to see the tape library and it does.

when we look at the media server in console though - for master it says something like allow for tape and disk
the media server only says allowed for disk - you can only activate or disactive it

so although if we set a job up - it works on both boxes - it is going over the wire rather than just straight to tape

any thoughts - or bits to check

it's 6.5.1 on a winbloat 2003 r2 box

maybe related as well - if we go to create a new storage whatever it's called - in the pulled down - all we see is the master and any - we dont see the specific media servers listed

Storage units and storage unit groups.... are the policies you are trying to use for the job set to use specific STU's?
Or are they set to any?
I think there are some bp.conf files or registry settings that will allow this job to use specific STU's.

But not knowing the exact way your devices look or how your existing stu's are configured it is hard to help.

Bob? Help me Obi'one your our only hope!....

Do you have the ENTERPRISE license that allows you to setup your media server as SAN media server? It will never write straight to tape if you don't have the correct licenses. Also if you have virtual drives attached, you MUST setup virtual storage units using the BPEMMCMD.

phoned symantec

the licence was installed but needed to delete the storage groups and then recreate them to be seen.

no idea why but worked when this was done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back