Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Another Drop Down Menu List Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mx3com

Technical User
Oct 29, 2000
CA
I am using the following code to direct users to a certain page on my site, but I would like to place the menu list in the header frame at the top of the browser window and have the new page open up in the main lower frame. How would I do that? As it is now, the new page opens in the header frame!
Please help!!

--- My Code Below ---

<script language=&quot;JavaScript&quot;>
<!--
function go()
{
Selection=document.Section.SectionTitle.selectedIndex
if (document.Section.SectionTitle.options[Selection].value != &quot;none&quot;)
{
location = document.Section.SectionTitle.options[Selection].value
}
}
//-->
</script>

<FORM NAME=&quot;Section&quot;>
<SELECT NAME=&quot;SectionTitle&quot; SIZE=&quot;1&quot; onchange=&quot;go()&quot;>
<OPTION SELECTED VALUE=&quot;none&quot;>Choose a Section from the Manual</OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;none&quot;> - - - - - - - - - - </OPTION>
<CFOUTPUT QUERY=&quot;sections&quot;>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;section.cfm?SectionNo=#SectionNo#&quot;>#SectionNo# - #SectionTitle#</OPTION>
</CFOUTPUT>
</SELECT>
</FORM>

This is really a javascript question.

You have specified 'location' therefore the document will be loaded in the current position, in this case your 'header' frame. You need to specify the frame you want to target here e.g, instead of location you need something like self.parent.frames[&quot;framename&quot;].document.location

Hope this helps lachlan@cynaptic.net

Thanks Lachlan, that worked out great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back