Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

another Discovery Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

azrul

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2003
MY
Hi all,

I have the network & heartbeat discovery methods turned on as well as NT user account discovery. It discover the user account fine. My problem is, it discovered most of the client workstations running win2000 pro,but does not install the agent on it. Therefore I cannot get any inventory report.

For your info, my WINS server is working fine...

I'm very gratefull if anybody could help me on this matter..
thanks.

Discovery is independent of client installation. After running network discovery, use one of the client installation methods to install the client such as remote client installation

i did turned on the client installation method (the NT remote installation method)..furthermore i did advertise a program to be installed..in this case it only advertise to the servers not client...what to troubleshoot?any idea?

hi all,

The agent not installed in the client so the advertise will not reached the clients,
try to check the agent installation manually to see what's the problem,

With my best wishes

Check the logs on the server for cloient installation errors. You should see plenty of client config manager errors. During our Windows 2K rollout we discovered that LM Announce was disbaled and Restrict Annonymous had been enabled, effectively denying access to the SMS client installation account. After making the changes in our security template all works well.

i just finised installing the agent manually. The agent installation working fine(it able to search for the system management server for it) but the components are not installed and the sms site is not listed...

anyway, how to check the LM Announce??? could you please guide me a bit...

thanks

If the core componenets have copied to the client then LM Announce is no longer an issue. Verify that the clients IP address is within the boundaries set for the site. Otherwise, The log files will reveal what the issue is.

SS

i have 40 VLANS. I've checked the baoundaries and all are included in the Network Discovery-Subnet List. Furthermore, no error message logged on the client agent installation.
any other suggestions???what should i do...???

thanks for your help..

hi guys...
i solved my problems...the boundaries that make my sms not running...somehow the boundaries 'sleep'...what i did is re-install the sms and reconfigured...now working fine...

thanks for your time and helps..

regards
azrul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back