Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Another CE 9 & IIS6 W/Windows 2003 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlurredVision

Technical User
Aug 6, 2001
GB
Has anyone been able to cluster CE 9 using Windows 2003 w/IIS6?

I can get CE 9 running, but not in a cluster. Server #1 shows server #2 as being down. Server 2 shows server #1 as being down only within the web interface.

Vent: I can't believe CE 9 isn't totally supported under windows 2003. Instead of putting out 2 releases a year, they need to fix what they have!

The official CE9 documentation states tha IIS6 is not supported... I remember reading a KB article that explicitly stated not to use IIS6 with CE9

CE10 is the first version that officially supports IIS6. We use it without any issue.

Yeah, I read that article. I have it running as a stand alone install and it works fine, but I am unable to cluster. Just wondering if anyone was able to get it working.

What db are you using as your sys db ? How are you connecting to it ? Is the method and account info the exact same from both APS machines ? What are the event log msgs re: the APS services ? Do the services show as running via the CCM on both machines ? Do not use the CMC as your frame of reference due to latency.

CE9 is not 'supported', out of the box on W2K3 because of the MSDE version that ships with it. W2K3 does not support any SQL Svr 7 products.

Thanks,

Rod Oatis
Venturi Technology Partners
Crystal Decisions Certified
Trainer/Consultant/Developer
Rod_Oatis@hotmail.com

I am using Oracle 8i for my sys db and I am using the native oracle driver to connect. Both the account and methods are the same on both APS's Services show as running via the CCM on both machines. No errors in the event logs

I'm now ignoring CMC issue:) It's hard, but I'll try.

I've done a little more testing, and found when a job is being processed from Server #2, it fails with the error 'File <insert rpt here> not found on File Repository Server'

It looks to as if the file repositories do not match each other. Now, what would cause that. An Account issue?

I have found that the CMC takes 'forever' to update to match the CCM status values.

Check to see that the FRS services are pointing to the same locations. Input1 / Input2 = FRSx; Output1 / Output2 = FRSy

Each uses their local defaults at installation until told otherwise.

Rod Oatis, CECP
Venturi Technology Partners
Crystal Decisions Certified
Trainer/Consultant/Developer
Rod_Oatis@hotmail.com

The FRS match, I'm almost at the point to creating a little utility to copy them over from 1 to another. This is silly!

I attempted to change the FRS on server #2 to point to server 1'FR, but receive the error 'unable to load report' when I attempted to view the report. Does this seem like a security issue, or a web server issue..? I'm lost :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back