Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Another Aloha EDC 14.1.20 question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

balloon172

IS-IT--Management
Jun 9, 2009
US
I have a site that appears to be functioning correctly; however, all transactions are processed in spooling, then immediately picked up and run by EDC. Fine and good, but if the transaction is declined, the restaurant is out the money. I've been through the permissions, users, sharing, etc... - any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help!​

you have a file called spooling on 1 of the terms in an edc folder. look to delete it.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
reddit : rossabout

Thanks, Ross, but that isn't it. There is no spooling file anywhere in the system.

FWIW, the customer is also in the middle of changing processors; I did that this evening. Same problem... Any other ideas?

Thanks again!

One other bit of information - running a card BOH processes correctly; it's only when I run it at FOH that it momentarily spools...

Thanks again!

check again. On one of your terms, there has to be a spooling file in the edc file. Only reason it would spool first then process

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
reddit : rossabout

Just verified - there is no spooling file, anywhere in the system. I even set it to view hidden files - there is simply no spooling file there.

BOH - Win10
FOH - POSReady 2009 (x2)

Thanks again for your ideas - going to try reloading terminals to see if that helps. Dumb question - the SETEDCPATH variable in the ibercfg.bat on FOH should match up with the EDCPROCPATH environment variable on the BOH, right? For some reason, it looks funny to me...

I got it - for some reason, the SETEDCPATH variable in the ibercfg.ini on Term1 was incorrectly set, matching the EDCPROCPATH system variable on the BOH. Once I pointed the ibercfg.bat at the EDC folder on the BOH, all started working correctly. Not sure who set it up - I'll figure that out tomorrow!

Thanks for your offer to remote in, and thanks for your help with this one - I appreciate it!

You can always checked the %iberdir%\tmp\debout.edc. It'll tell you what path it's looking for cards in and if it has issues accessing it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back