Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anonymous Access Unchecked = Page Cannot Be Displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppedersen1

Technical User
Oct 14, 2002
US
When I uncheck the "Anonymous Access" button in security section of a folder on my website, it seems to close off any access to the site and says "The page cannot be found." I kept Integrated Windows Authentication on as I am trying to gather the user data.

Does anyone know why unchecking this box would close my site off?

That means you are not allowing any user to access it basically unless you have configured particular users for access tot he directory (web)

for instance you have XP Pro and three users set up. you only config for one out the three and the one would only be able to view when navigating to the site after authentication has been performed.

seems like you may want to read up on "Anonymous Access" a bit before adjusting the rescriptions for viewing the web site you've set up
here are soe good starts

Thanks. With Integrated Windows Authentication on and Anonymous Access off, I was able to access the site from the server. However, from a remote computer on the network (Intranet) I wasn't. From what I understand, IIS should be recognizing the user (IWA) and then determining whether the user should have sufficient access. In this case, he should. What do I check to ensure I have set up the correct user security permissions?

Thanks you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back